ORAL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
FORMED POLICE UNITS (FPU)
GENERAL QUESTIONS: (CHOSE ONE)
A. UNIT COMMANDERS/DEPUTY UNIT COMMANDERS
1. What qualities do you think that a Commander needs to have? Why are these qualities important to you?
2. What do you hope to accomplish (goal/objective) while in the Mission?
B. PLATOON LEADERS
1. What would you do if you drove or walked into a land mine area?
2. When you arrest a person in your country what things must you do by law at the time of the arrest?
3. What do you think are your responsibilities and that of your men when you arrest or detain someone?
C. LIAISON OFFICER
1. What do you think will be your responsibilities as the FPU coordinator?
2. What do you think are the qualities of a good coordinator?
D. DUTY OFFICERS
- When you receive a call regarding an incident, what are the details that you want to know from the informant?
- If you receive
E. LOGISTICS OFFICERS
F. OPERATIONS OFFICERS
MISSION QUESTIONS (CHOOSE TWO)
MISSION QUESTIONS (CHOOSE TWO)
1. What do you know about problems in this country?
2. What do you hope to accomplish (goal/objective) while here in the Mission?
3. Tell me about your trip, how you traveled from home to this Mission?
4. If you have a choice, what type of police duties would you like to do while you are here?
5. How do you protect yourself while on police duty?
6. Where will you travel to during your holidays, while working in this Mission?
7. Why did you want to come to this Mission?
8. What Mission preparation did you receive from your country before coming here?
9. What is your best quality as a police officer?
10. What would you do if a person carried a hand grenade into your police station, here, in the Mission, and told you that he/she found it near their home?
11. How did you prepare yourself personally for being away from home for a long person of time?
12. What police equipment and uniform did you bring with you for this Mission?
13. How did you get selected for this mission?
14. What do you think makes a good commander?
15. What would you do if you drove or walked into a land mine area?
16. When was UN organized? Who is the General Secretary of the UN and where is he coming from?
HOME COUNTRY QUESTIONS: (CHOOSE TWO)
- What training did you receive to become a police officer?
- What type of work do you currently do in your home country?
- What was one of the most well known investigations that your police force has ever investigated, and what was the final result?
- What was the most satisfying investigation that you have worked on?
- When you arrest a person in your country what things must you do by law at the time of the arrest?
- What do you think is the most important quality that a police officer needs to have? Why do you think that is important?
- What qualities do you think that a supervisor needs to have? Why are these qualities important to you?
- When a person makes a complaint at your police station, what information do you write in the report?
- How do you take a statement from a suspect?
- What are the most common types of crime in your country?
- What do you remember about your first arrest?
- What type of work do you hope to do within your police force before you retire?
- If someone reported, that his/her car was stolen, what information would you write down and what would you do with that information?
- What type of vehicles does your police department use?
- What type of weapons and special equipment do you use each day at work in your country?
- How a police officer in your country can get promotion?